Saturday 19 July 2014

There's just not enough

...hours in the day! Sometimes I wish I could quit my job and spend all day crocheting. Maybe not a great idea though.

There's also just not enough room on my coffee table for all my current projects. Oops. At the moment, I have countless projects on the go. Being placed on the coffee table though means that I really am trying to finish something!

This week I started making the "Valerie" top which is in the Debbie Bliss "Simply Crochet" book. I've already made the "Darcey" dress from this book which was the first dress I'd ever made...I was thrilled with how it came out.
Darcey dress from Debbie Bliss "Simply Crochet"
 
A terrible selfie of me wearing the Darcey dress. Was stoked with how it came out.
I've chosen different colours for the Valerie top - I've gone with the main colour as navy primary colour and cream trim for this one - same wool as the pattern requires though (Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino). So soft, so I imagine it's going to be pretty nice to wear.

Valerie top from Debbie Bliss "Simply Crochet". My WIP.

Also on my coffee table is the project that feels like it never ends....namely the blanket I'm supposed to be making for my lounge. It's another Attic 24 Neat Ripple pattern...I love it, so easy. This is what I've done so far.



I'm using Biggan Design DK Merino wool in black and natural - from http://www.tangledyarns.com.au/catalog/. Beautiful and soft, but pretty exy wool...which means it'll probably cost me a fortune to make...but I figure it's a bit nicer than just buying a throw...?!

I'm really excited to finally be able to share with you the Lalylala Lupo the Lamb I made for one of my friends, Christina, who is expecting a bub in 5 weeks time!


Gorgeous Christina kindly agreed to be on my blog with her Lupo - yay!!!

Lupo the Lamb

I first discovered the Lalylala patterns when I went to my first crochet class at Threads and More here in Brisbane (sadly they've now closed down). One of the teachers had this awesome, cute little amigarumi dragon she'd made. At the time, I remember saying to her I'd never, ever be good enough to make something like that. She insisted that with practice, I would. And here I am...I've now made 4 of the Lalylala dolls...and I think another one might be on the cards soon. They're super gorgeous with their big round bobble heads, and the patterns are easy to follow. You can buy the patterns here: https://www.etsy.com/au/shop/lalylala.

Hopefully my next blog update will mean I've actually finished more projects...here's hoping haha!


No comments:

Post a Comment